Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Phone Convo with Dani .. February 2

I finally got to talk to him! It's been almost a week since he's been gone. My work schedule and his in Haiti are opposite, so it's been hard to get ahold of him. He sounded great - Told me alot about what we've already been posting. He said it's amazing how much you can read in the peoples faces. He said they all smile - most of the time. You can read their sadness and despair in there eyes. While I was on the phone with him someone started yelling in the back ground. It was a Haitian man that was sick, and yelling for water. Dad found him a water bottle, talked to him for a few minutes .. And then we got to finish chatting. I thought this was interesting .. He's actually only left their 'compound' once. I guess two nights ago they went out walking .. he said the art there is amazing. I'm so happy I was able to talk to him .. I miss him! He said he'd call again tonight .. He also wants to talk to Grandpa and Grandma tonight - So if you guys are reading, Be home! I will call them before hand, and have them call him - He can't make any outgoing calls from where he's located. Also, I believe my mom and Bryn both have updates .. I can't get on my email at work to post them, so check back tonight. Thanks again to everyone for reading .. I love hearing from you all, as I am sure he will when he's able to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment