Monday, February 8, 2010

A Funny ..

So Steve (Dani's husband) is always teasing that he wants to adopt a little 'black kid'. He'd make him really good at sports .. And then he could support Steve and I in our old age ;). I talked to Dad last night for a few .. He told me he'd found someone for Steve.

I guess at one of the orphanages they visited they were able to meet a 14 year old boy, who was excellent at basketball. Dad said everything in Haiti is built on a hillside, including this kids basketball court. The hoop was placed at the top .. And this kid didn't miss a shot! One of the guys with dad is pretty good at sports .. And asked the boy to play a game with him. This kid totally kicked the guys butt .. But was kind enough to clap anytime dad's friend scored a point.

Cool story, and super funny if you know my husband .. and my dad :). We're so excited to see him Wednesday!

-Dani

2 comments:

  1. Thats funny, maybe you should adopt him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a bad idea, especially supporting you in your old age! I'm sure you're all anxious for Kirk to get back, but I'll miss reading about his experiences there. Can't wait to see the pictures when you add them.

    ReplyDelete